17-year-old Julio Macias Gonzales had a tragic death after receiving a hickey from his 24-year-old girlfriend. According to the doctors, the love bite caused a blood clot which traveled all the way to his brain. This blocked the flow of the blood in his brain which caused Gonzales to suffer from stroke.
Gonzales’ case was published in a Mexican newspaper, ‘Hoy Estade De Mexico’. According to them, Gonzales was with his family at Iztapalapa Borough and was having dinner. All of a sudden, Gonzales had intense convulsions and immediately passed out. His family tried to call an emergency service but the paramedics were too late to save him. Reports said he had died on the spot.
The newspaper also reported that Gonzales‘ parents were not in favor with his relationship with his girlfriend because of their age gap. However, his girlfriend was nowhere to be found after the incident. The media also failed to release information about her.
This was not the first reported case of hickeys causing death. In 2011, the case of a 44-year-old woman who became partially paralyzed after she suffered a stroke caused by a love mark also hit the Web. She survived the incident through constant medication.